Nowadays, stainless steel is more commonly used in daily life. The process of welding – cutting or assembling stainless steel workpieces. Therefore it is necessary to have knowledge and techniques to work properly.
Note: Welding is a job with a high income potential for people working in this job. Especially with people with high welding skills. You can learn about electric and gas welding. And find more welding equipment at our website : https://www.udo.co.th/product/detail/yawata-316l-16
stainless steel welding
From the article Knowledge about stainless steel let us know There are many types of stainless steels, usually containing at least 10.5% chromium, causing the melting of stainless to oxide rapidly. If there is no oxygen protection from the air during welding will result in loss of chromium content and the formation of oxides This results in the workpiece being incomplete in welding and reducing the cost of corrosion in the weld. The oxygen gas protection must be done during welding. or eliminate oxidation at the weld surface and nearby areas.
Things to consider when welding stainless
- Grade of stainless steel all kinds of metal welding It is necessary to know the grade of the metal to be welded, the code, symbol or grade indicated on the workpiece metal, or a certificate that indicates the composition of the metal.
- Welding wire. The welding wire should be selected appropriately or compatible with the grade of the metal to be welded.
- Welding process Choose a suitable welding process, such as welding thin workpieces. Tig welding process may be required. or argon welding This will transfer heat down to the workpiece in a narrow area. to reduce deformation or warping in the workpiece
- Precautions You should study the terms, warnings and precautions. related to metal or various welding techniques, customers can consult the welding technique at Company’s Technical Department Call 0-2894-1750 (automatically) by informing the name of your agency. and the model of the welding machine that is ordered for the convenience of quick service
Selection of welding processes
– Choosing the correct welding process and suitable for the workpiece It depends on the following variables:
– thickness of the welding piece
– position, nature and direction of welding, welding port
– The area where welding will be performed and the size of the workpiece, such as inside the building, outside the building, the height, the width and length of the welding workpiece, etc.
– the amount of workpiece or the amount of welding in different points
– Welding machines and equipment used for welding, such as workpiece holding devices workpiece rotation device welding aid welding machine It must be suitable for the welding process and the workpiece to be welded.
– Fundamentals, Skills, Expertise and the skill of the welder to the welding process
The welding process that is often used to weld stainless steel.
– electric arc welding or electric incense welding (MMAW/SMAW)
– Tig welding or argon welding (TIG/GTAW)
– Mig-Max welding or welding CO2 (MIG-MAG/GMAW)
– Flux-core welding (FCAW)
Cleaning and finishing work after welding
When welding the workpiece is completed what happened next It is inevitable that welds weld stains which is caused by the heat of welding on the side of the weld and the back of the weld. Oxide deposits caused by welding or cutting work including dirt and various contaminants which must be removed to remove these stains
How to clean after welding In addition to scrubbing off oxide stains with a stainless steel wire brush. or grinding Decorated with grinding discs, sand discs, sand wheels or Scotch Brite abrasive balls. This is a chemical used to remove oxide stains, known as pickling or cleaning stainless steel surfaces in various forms.
After that, use a method to protect the surface of the workpiece from dirt or fingerprints. PVC anti-scratch PE Protective Tape Film again to complete the work process.